The new Xperia devices now come with a new feature that you might not be aware of, i.e. the ability to capture videos that are being played on the screen. It also captures the operations or tasks being performed in order to explain a procedure. For example it can be used to share your phone tutorial videos, gaming replays etc.
You might find many apps out there that enable you to take a screen video recording but most of them are not free.
- Firstly press and hold the power or lock key present on the right side of the phone until you see the power off menu.
- Here the new feature called RECORD SCREEN has been added, just beside the take screenshot option.
- Tap on the RECORD SCREEN option and then a widget appears.
- Now to start the recording, tab on the record button.
- When you’re done with your recording, tap on it again.
- The recording resolution [FULL HD(1920×1080), HD(1280×720) or VGA(640×480)] can be selected from the settings icon present in the recording widget.
- In order to show your image while recording the screen, the front camera can be put to use by using the picture in picture feature.
- The selfie window can be placed anywhere on the screen.
- It can also be resized to as much as half the screen size.
- You can also choose from the portrait or landscape recording option.