So, your Domain name is ready and now you are looking for a hosting service provider for hosting your Domain, Right?
Many Hosting service providers are present in the market. You want the service that is cheap, reliable and good. SiteGround is a Company that comes to my mind at this point. In this siteground review, I dismantle everything that you should be concerned about when it comes to choosing a hosting service. You get many special features such as email hosting and others with siteground.
Some friends who were working from dorm rooms, founded Siteground Company in 2004. Since then the company has grown multiple folds and presently has 400 plus employees and more joining every year.
Siteground offers a wide variety of hosting services and is very good at it. Their hosting services range from simple shared web hosting to complex cloud hosting. All the hosting services from siteground have been discussed below:
This is a hosting service that can be directly consumed by the buyer and people who have small sites or blogs. People who have just started and are not getting enough traffic can initially choose this type of hosting. Later on, you can move to other plans like dedicated hosting. The plans for this are discussed in the later sections.
This type of hosting service, as the name itself says, can be resold. So, if you have a reseller account, you can sell the hosting services that you receive to others at a higher price and make some good profit. They have an easy to manage interface and is very user-friendly. So, you can host multiple domains for $42 per year and stay assured of quality service. If you find the service to be costly, then you can also consider buying reseller accounts in bulk, to avail more discount.
Cloud hosting services are more secure and are highly reliable. They are based on the latest cloud computing concepts and are hosted by many servers. This means that more than one servers come together to form one virtual server and hence you get a diverse and enhanced speed.
This type of hosting is more suited for sites with huge traffic. So, if you have a lot of traffic and need some high security, then this plan is for you.
There are many other types of hosting as well apart from the three basic hosting. These hosting services are for platforms like WordPress, Joomla, Magento, Drupal, and PrestaShop.
- WordPress: Those who are using WordPress to create your blog, I recommend you to go with siteground’s WorPress plan. It has been specially created to speed up WordPress and costs only $3.95/month.
- Joomla: Those who are setting up new Joomla project I recommend you to use Siteground’s Joomla plan. The benefit of going with this is its 1-click initial installation and later transfer is equally smooth. You get a free domain name for life with your account, free template, and also free transfer.
- Magento: Those who use Magento Community Edition to create online shops, I strongly recommend going with the Magento plan. It is unique and speed which is good for any site especially those built on Magento. There are several ways for boosting speed. You get free Cloudflare CDN with Railgun that gives fast and good experience to all.
- Drupal, and PrestaShop – Both come at a nominal cost of $3.95/month and their speed is a plus point here. Installing these is as easy as Joomla.
They are three plans under this section namely Entry, Power and Enterprise and are there in United States, Europe, and Asia-Pacific. When you host your site you get to choose the location of the server that is convenient for your business and site’s speed. Sites here have ample of storage based on the plan that you choose. All the CPU’s here have intel Xeon processors and can handle minimum 8 threads at a time. Apart from this, you get 500GB of storage with the cheapest plan in this category. HDD storage is provided for this, which isn’t a good news but it also isn’t a bad news. 😀
For those willing to know the accomplishments in siteground’s uptime, speed, support and overall performance you can find them dismantled below:
- Linux Containers (LXC) technology was created for those who have suddenly spiked traffic at your site. Since LXC is efficient and flexible, a platform was made over this. Many patches were added for official Linux Kernel code.
- Proactive Server Monitoring: You would be glad to know that there is a lightweight server monitor to check your server for any problem and fix them.
- Backup System: The backup system is excellent because it uses minimum resources and restores very quickly.
- Secure Account Isolation: This was introduced in 2008 when CHROOT was used on shared servers. SiteGround was the best in the industry.
- Solid State Drive (SSD): SSD drives are there to all shared hosting plans. SSD supports 1000x increase in input-output operations more than the regular drives.
- NGINX server speed: This is used to speed up all shared and dedicated servers for boosting speed.
- Geeky SuperCacher: It optimizes website speed by caching WordPress, Joomla, and Drupal on NGINX reverse proxy. This speeds up serving of dynamic content of sites.
- Free CDN: The free CDN for your website can be used to quickly load the site in any part of the World. Cached contents are distributed over multiple data centers. When foreigners visit a website, CDN delivers faster than data centers closest to them.
- HTTP/2 enabled servers: HTTP/2, recent networking protocol with high uploading speed was supported by SiteGround and free SSL encrypted connection was provided.
- PHP7 and HHVM: PHP is in beta version and both improve executions.
Whenever you need support contact support that has technical and human resources to help you out. You can write tickets and expect a response within 10 min, chat with someone instantly or call and discuss your problem.
Records of twelve months of 2015 have been used for overall rating. The Report is as follows.
Uptime: Percentage is 99.9%,
Speed/Load Time: Average load time for people in the US, Europe, and Asia for WordPress was at 1-minute intervals.
Customer support: Average response time varied from 2 seconds to 48 hours.
SiteGround has 500,000 plus domains and more growing hourly. Customers are satisfied giving 5-out-5 in their review.
Overall ranking for best hosts:
- HG Cloud (279ms, 100%)
- A2 Hosting (220ms, 99.99%)
- SiteGround (456ms, 99.98%)
Plans and Pricing
Shared Web Hosting: Those who are willing to start with a shared hosting plan, the plans mentioned below:
- StartUp: This plan is suitable for sites that have less than 10,000 visitors per month. It costs around $3.95/month for a single website and provides 10GB of storage space.
- GrowBig: This plan is suitable for sites that have less than 25,000 visitors per month. It costs around $7.95/month for hosting multiple domains and provides 20GB of storage space. You get priority technical support for this plan and 1-year free wildcard SSL along with 30 backup copies, and also SuperCacher.
- GoGeek plan: This plan is suitable for sites that have more than 100,000 visitors per month. It costs around $14.95/month for hosting multiple domains and provides 30GB of storage space. You get all the benefits of the GrowBig plan plus the geeky advanced features.
When you have selected any one of the above-mentioned shared hosting plans, you get
- A free email account
- A free domain name
- A free CDN and unlimited bandwidth.
- 100% uptime.
- Support score is 10/10.
- Auto- managed WordPress hosting has access to SuperCacher, free CDN at 34 locations to quickly deliver heavy multimedia files.
- There are free add-ons that can be accessed during Spam Assassin, Spam Experts, IP address blocklists, Leech Protect, and hotlink protection.
- Also, there are free domain name & money back guarantee, easy e-commerce installs, free transfers for existing websites.
- Prices are as low as $3.95 per month from $9.99 monthly.
- SiteGround shows low monthly price but you have to sign up for two or three years in order to avail those rates.
- On the whole pricing at SiteGround is very straight forward but you should understand the hidden costs.
Low price is for 12-months only. When you select monthly payment, you will get a low price. However, the hidden cost is added and it is referred to “setup fee” on the month-to-month plan. Be aware so that you are not surprised at the time of payment using only your Credit Card.
Limited Storage Space is something on which the company must work on. SiteGround guides you as to how to safely increase the hosting power for your site when you have too many visitors. Initially, you can begin with StartUp as it will take some time to develop a site. But over the years, as you start getting more and more users you should move on to their other high-end plans.
- You are given a free domain
- Signing up is easy
- Payment method is only using credit cards.
- Hidden costs can be overcome by paying annually,
- You get account activation, control Panel and Dashboard experience using cPanel, Installing Apps and CMS for WordPress, Joomla, and others.
- You do not have to think about Upsells.
Do we recommend SiteGround?
Hell Yeah! SiteGround is for all those who care about customer support and good user experience. The company offers many additional features that might be perfect for you if you are interested in different technologies of e-commerce. You will get a free domain name and current pricing is similar to other web hosts providing cheap quality. So why not sign up or visit www.SiteGround.com
If you found this review helpful, subscribe to our newsletter to get more such reviews and if you’d like to share your success with our readers, you can drop us a mail at [email protected] or fill in the contact us form.