When it comes to compiling a list of apps for gay hookups, things become complicated as every person you ask for a suggestion ends up doubting your gender :D.
Gay dating is an uncommon scenario in most of the places as some places even refuse to recognize the gay community. So finding gay dating apps is like heaven for the gay people who have the opportunity to live in this era.
Apps like these are very rare to find without anyone’s help and with most of the firms nowadays concentrating on dating apps for either males or females, you hardly get to see apps for other genders.
This makes these apps worth praising and for doing something different despite such huge competition and criticism they get from others.
There were not many apps for gay people back in 1990’s. But with the sudden boom of the internet and advances in technology, we get to see a lot of these apps nowadays.
So, if you are ready to start dating a person who is a gay, then these gay hookup apps are a must try.
This is the first gay app for dating, especially for daddies. You can find many dating apps like tinder but nothing can match daddyhunt when it comes to finding the best and reliable app for gay.
Recently the company has also launched a web series called “Daddyhunt: The Serial“.
The app has something called Daddies, who are the Old and dominant gay men looking out for hunters, young guys looking for mature men.
Apart from this, you get to filter out people according to your interests. Besides this, the app is free and has pro subscription plans.
The free version restricts you to upload just 10 public photos and 10 private photos.
Note: Most of the daddies use this app and it is strictly for grown-ups.
- You are given 120 free credits upon joining and you can use this to browse daddies and boys on camera.
- You can view private photos of gay profiles you are into.
- The free version enables chatting and flirting.
- Premium features are: more variety of people, Travel feature enables viewing people in different locations and access to online mode to see who all are online.
- Amazing filters like Asian, east-Indian, middle-east, chubby, hairy and many more.
This is one of the popular gay apps specially developed for connecting not just gay but also bisexual people.
The best part about downloading this app is that it is free so you can meet, chat, and date sexy guys without spending a single penny from your wallet. Apart from this, it has lots of users just like scruff.
This app can be upgraded to Grindr XTRA if you want some extra features like getting to see 200 more gay guys, block more uninteresting or annoying people, and much more.
- See 100 guys in your location
- Bigger photos
- Star profiles you are interested in.
- Grindr XTRA lets you see online people, ad-free surfing, access to all premium filters and many more.
You get to see a lot of crowd on apps like offer up, a shopping app. This is the case with some of the best apps for hookup as well.
So, if you don’t want to face the same level of crowd, then it is advised to download this app.
The app has a specific term call bears used to describe masculine gay men, maybe because they are hairy, heavy and have a good physique.
A unique feature of this app is the growlr hot! spot. This feature allows you to create hot! spot at any location and connect with GROWLr using people to connect.
Also, all the members present at the hot spot location, get the GROWLr Pro features for free till the hotspot is active.
- GROWLr Hot! Spots
- For additional safety, this app allows users to mention their HIV and PrEP status at the time of profiling their page. This is not found in many of the apps and so this makes it one of the best android app for dating.
- Event calendar helps you to manage your everyday schedule as well.
Hornet was founded in 2011 in San Francisco and is an app that is also for bisexual and bi-curious men. It has recently raised around $8 million to support its business growth and improve its service.
Not only this but also the company’s CEO aims to jump in where grindr dropped the ball and wishes to focus on lasting connections rather than just quick flings.
- Filter profiles of gay men according to your preferences.
- Free on both, mobile and desktop.
- Push notifications
- KYS lets you share your HIV status and tells you when to get tested.
- Contains fewer ads.
- You can search without any restrictions.
- Allows you to change your location virtually to check out guys in other regions.
- Simple and easy to use.
This app is a bit different from the other dating apps in this list.
Jack’d has something called scenes which include bears, big muscles, Long term relationship, strictly friends and many more.
So, what this does is that it allows you to figure out what type of a trait impresses you or attracts you the most and also helps you to find and get found by people of the same interest.
So, just upload your scenes as well while searching for people with similar interests.
This app is cost-effective and works almost similar to apps like Grindr and Scruff. You just need to pay minimum premium rates of $2.08/ month.
- Has push notification feature to alert you of any new messages or other notifications.
- Shows you who checked your profile.
- You get to converse with the other person if they also match with you.
- Allow you to filter people based on their age, height, weight etc.
- Pro features include ad-free surfing, access to 500+ profiles, extra features, Unlimited matches, privacy lock and more insights.
This app was launched almost 17 years back in the year 2001 as a desktop-friendly app. This app is old and its fame has grown over the years and is one of the largest dating sites for gay, bi, and curious men.
It is free, unique and has an easy to use interface. This app has become a hub for people looking forward to meeting and hookup with a person from the gay and bi community.
You can send friend requests and even accept requests while going through the news feed of platforms like YouTube.
- Explore people online and around you.
- See who checked your profile.
- Get updates from your favorite people.
- One of the safest apps.
This app also has a huge amount of traffic like Grindr and is known to have most of the people from the age group of 18 to 30 years.
The app has been undergoing certain changes every now and then in order to match up with its competitors.
Overall a good app for hookups and casual relations, if you are looking for a long term relationship then we suggest you be careful when using dating apps.
- Send a GIF
- Share your exact location.
- Fingerprint locking and unlocking for the app
- Send a woof and start flirting.
- Available in more than 14 languages
- Has more than 8 million users.
Although the craze for apps like Tinder has reduced considerably but Surge has emerged from ashes and proved itself to be one of the best players in the dating apps Industry.
It allows you to filter out messages from people you do are not interested in and simultaneously gives you the pleasure of using tinder as it is just like tinder but for gay.
More of a refined app that connects two people together and brings them closer to one another.
- Unlimited profiles can be browsed.
- Notifications alert
- Allows you to upload up to 8 pictures
- Photos and videos are deleted once viewed
VGL is a unique dating app known for its quality service and no bullshit policy. It does not annoy you with a lot of ads. Also, you get to add, download and send or receive unlimited messages, unlike other apps that limit you with these parameters.
Not only this but also the person getting the highest ranking is ranked under the category of the hottest gay.
This category saves you from wasting your time on unwanted or least ranked gay men. In short, it acts like a filter.
- Filters allow you to choose a person based on their physique, region and other such parameters.
- No hidden charges.
- Make a premium payment, if you really want to use this app to the fullest.
- The personal information about the person is displayed over the photo so that you can give him a quick glance.
So, guys its time to get out of your comfort zone and find a good app for dating that can help you find your partner.
If you are eagerly waiting for your gay partner, download any of the above-mentioned gay friendly apps and cherish each moment full of surprises and lovely memories.
Also, you can use apps like uber if you plan to go on a date or any other place.