Have you ever wished to have a whatsapp account for the other number on you dual sim phone. If yes then read more to find out how you can add another whatsapp account to your android device.
Till now whatsapp users were able to use only one whatsapp account per device, but now you can have more than one whatsapp accounts on one device.
Using ANDROID L / ANDROID 5.0 OR ABOVE: (For rooted or unrooted devices)
Now you can create and handle multiple whatsapp accounts from one device running on android platform. For android users, this trick might come handy if you are desperately willing to create another account for your other number on you dual sim phone.
How to use multiple Whatsapp account using Android L:
- Firstly, if your device is not running on the latest android version, then I suggest you to upgrade it to the latest version as it contains many new features and tips and tricks that might take your android experience to a new level.
- After you are done with upgrading to the latest android version, switch the user from the administrator to user. Incase you do not know how to switch user modes on android L, learn it here
- Now create a new GOOGLE account with a different name.
- After you have created a new GOOGLE account, try connecting it with the playstore.
- Now after you have signed into the playstore using your new account/existing account, download and install the official whatsapp.
- After that open whatsapp and register your new number that is not registered with whatsapp.
- Now whatsapp automatically starts verifying your number.
- Wait for the verification process to fail and then choose the “verify by call” option and complete your registration.
- Now everytime you want to access a different account, all you need to do is just switch the user from the administrator to “guest”
- You can create as many whatsapp accounts as many user modes can be created on your android device.
- Do not create many users as it may slow down your device.
- You may access playstore with your existing gmail account but I suggest you to create a new one for privacy reasons and to avoid any issues in future.
- This method works on both rooted as well as unrooted devices.
Two other applications namely OGWHATSAPP and SWITCHME APP can also help you create and handle multiple whatsapp accounts from one phone.
OGWHATSAPP: (for unrooted devices)
With this app you can use two whatsapp accounts from one android phone without having the need to root you phone. For all the dual sim users, this app can be of great help. One account can be accessed through the official app of whatsapp while another account can be create and handled using OGwhatsapp.
How to use OGWHATSAPP:
- The user firstly needs to take a backup of the complete whatsapp data and contacts.
- Then you need to clear all the whatsapp data from your phone.
- Then you will have to rename the “WHATSAPP” folder to “OGWHATSAPP” using any file explorer of your choice. Widely used ones are “ES Explorer” and “File Explorer”
- After this, uninstall the original whatsapp from the phone.
- Now download the OGwhatsapp from the following link
- Now open this app and provide your old number which is already registered with whatsapp, when asked.
- Now you can access your old whatsapp account from this app.
- Now download and install the official app of whatsapp from the playstore.
- Now you will have to enter your new number that you want to register with whatsapp.
- Now you can finish the registration process and enjoy using two whatsapp accounts from a single phone.
SWITCHME APP: (for rooted devices)
Like the OGWHATSAPP, this app also lets you use more than one account from a single android phone. But the difference between them is that, OGwhatsapp can be used on phones without rooting them while SWITCHME APP works on rooted phones. Also this app lets you to log in and log out of an account and each accounts data is separate and cannot be accessed from other account.
How to use SWITCHME APP:
- Firstly, download the SWITCHME APP from Google playstore
- Now open the switchme app and grant the superuser request that it will ask.
- Now register the existing whatsapp account with the switchme app.
- After that, you will have to create another account with a new phone number and a different name.
- Now in order to access this account, you will have to select the switch option.
- On selecting the switch option, the phone automatically reboots, and after rebooting, you will not be able to see any of your apps.
- So now download the official app of whatsapp from the playstore and register the new number with the new user name that they used while registering on switchme app.
- Once you go through the registration process of whatsapp, you’re done!
- Now you can access the two accounts by using switch option from the switchme app.
NOTE: The SWITCHME APP’s free version provides users to register only two accounts